Second mistake was the sandwich I got at the airport…just plain old gross. Okay, back to the trip. So we were able to make it to the airport in no time because of the blessed European public transportation services. We flew about 2 hours to Brussels Charleroi in a pink and purple plane under the airline known as Wizz Air. The plane had free seating which was rather chaotic amidst a million angry Czech travelers.
BRUSSELS
In one sentence I would describe Brussels as an adorable city with an unbeatable gastronomical experience. If you are headed to Brussels, Belgium you must certainly leave your diet behind for the weekend and put on your stretchy pants because boy, oh boy, it is delicious!! Highlights for me were: Mussels in Brussels and a Belgium waffle with the most delectable Belgium chocolate these lips have ever tasted!
YUMMY! Look at that face wafting in the scent of that tasty tasty goodness!
Liza and I rented bikes on Thursday and rode around Belgium exploring. It was a nice day out and about a gazillion degrees warmer than Prague so for that we were thrilled. We had ourselves a blast riding around the cobblestone streets, totally something I would recommend to anyone traveling in Europe. We took a nice stop into the Museum of Musical Instruments, it has the largest collection of musical instruments in the world. Pretty cool.
We woke up early and hoped on the train to Amsterdam. In one sentence to summarize Amsterdam is probably Vegas but weirder. If you do not know marijuana is legalized and women stand in glass windows in the Red Light District selling their bodies. For men I can compare this to window shopping, and the hustling and deal making that goes on late night in these streets is hilarious. It took me the entire weekend to actually believe these women were real, I kept thinking they were mannequins.
Such a pretty open market with amazing flowers.
Our hostel in Amsterdam was an UPGRADE from our shit hole in Brussels, and thank god for that! We got a great deal for the bunk bed, Liza and I shared a MONSTER bed that was so big we didn’t even know if each other were there. We were the only girls in the room of about twelve boys from everywhere from Salt Lake City to Brazil. It was a great time. By day two my hair was so dreaded out I looked like I really belonged in Amsterdam. I forced Liza to join me on a brush hunt, of which ended well, but took literally two hours. Do people not brush their hair in Europe?!??
To be completely honest I did not love Amsterdam, there was no real culture other than a bunch of tourists coming to get high of their rockers. It was obviously very cool that Holland's laid back attitude allows for the decriminalization of marijuana but I like a country with a little more original flavor.
The travels home were LOOOOONG totaling about 12 hours. We got on a three hour train ride from Amsterdam to Brussels, then a one hour bus from Brussels to the airport, then a plane to Prague, another bus and FINALLY the metro to our lovely stop off the green line-Jinho Z Podebrad. :)
Needless to say, hopping in my own shower without flip-flops, brushing my hair, doing laundry, getting into bed, and taking out my contacts was simply priceless. AHHH it is good to be back.
Drugs, sex and rock and roll all in one city! That's quite a field trip.
ReplyDeleteSmells like you could use a shower stinky!
Daddio
stunning pictures Molly!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you are back to your writing, I look forward to your posts! You are so fun and witty! I got a laugh about the glasses, Jeff,is always telling Max to never go anywhere without backup glasses! The Mussels look great! Anthony Bourdain did a show on the food in Prague and it was gross! Pig,meat and beer I would not be able to eat! Poor shambby cakes is right, but you just keep on having fun! xxxoo auntie k
ReplyDelete