Saturday, February 13, 2010

First FULL Week in Prague!

This week has been absolutely insane.

Classes were fine, they are 3 hours long each and I'm practically SCREAMING to get out by the bitter end. My favorite class will definitely be Prague Art and Architecture where we will be learning about the various types of architecture displayed throughout the beautiful buildings in this marvelous city. We will be taking weekly field trips which I am also very excited about!

The night life here is wild. Bottom line.

I haven't gotten home before 4 a.m. once this week due to the fact that I cannot tear myself away from these unbelievable dance floors! Everyone is just busting a move like there is no tomorrow.

TOP THREE PLACES IVE BEEN THUS FAR:

1. U Sudu-one of the coolest bars I have ever been to in my life. The entrance way feels like a wine cellar, then you walk further inside and realize this cavelike area goes on for a while. You can make many turns and find different bars hidden everywhere. It is a maze, but one that I would love to get lost in for days! People are just rolling spliffs and cigarettes on their tables while conversing and sippin on some brewskis. Majority of people in this place have dreadlocks and they have reggae-like music blasting from the speakers. AWESOME PLACE!

2. Radost-This bar took us an eternity to find, but well worth the struggle. The upstairs is decorated lavishly with neon green furniture and black and white walls. There are about 10 chandeliers and a million mirrors decorating this charming upstairs bar. Once you enter the downstairs the mood changes completely. It is a straight up dance club with a stage and great dance floor. Amazing DJ playing tunes from the Jackson 5 to Ke$ha to Biggie.

3. Lucerna-We hit this monster Euro club up on its infamous 80s night, and they did not disappoint!!! This place was insane! Boys were dancing on stage and stripping down to their boxers (I have pictures) to old music by Madonna!! It was hilarious beyond belief. We danced for four hours straight until we were actually soaking wet and it was last call.

I love my life. Its my main goal of the week to figure out the night tram, because it took Liza and I approximately 1.5 hours to get home three nights ago. We ended up being so starved that we stopped at a McDonalds and ate with a group of Isreali's who are from Tel Aviv but live in Berlin. Wild group of boys. Also we are pretty sure that this nice girl Nina who helped us navigate home was just getting off her night shift as an exotic dancer....Oh Prague, you are one crazy city!

We are headed off to Brussels and Amsterdam on Wednesday next weekend! Super excited for my next adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Bring on the pictures Molly! Give your poor auntie Karen something to look at! Haha! I love reading your blog you are such a talented writer! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete