Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Please Note: Do Not Put Your Feet Up on the Train!

So yes, maybe I was a fool for coming to Prague without a visa but things just didn't work out so I attempted to get one here at the Czech Embassy in Dresden, Germany. Low and behold I find out I am missing multiple documents of which need to be notarized. Hmmm.....where do I get a copy, a printer, and a notary in the Czech Republic?

I left it til the morning of our already booked train ticket to figure this stuff out. After multiple nightmares of notary lines being out the door and me missing my train I decided to get up at 5 am and spend good time on the internet googling...all of which were dead ends.

I whisper to sleeping Liza, "hey Liza I'll be back in about a thirty minutes." "Ya..Molly I doubt that will happen." Dear Liza was right.

Imagine me: alone, 7 am in Prague, soaking wet from the rain, confused. If you know anything about me it should probably be I am a fool with directions, so finding General Copy was a joke, an absolute fucking joke. I'm standing in the streets of Prague crying to myself blabbering under my breath, "come on you can do this Molly." Of course I couldnt.

We decide to go to Dresden anyways because we bought a ticket so we hopped on that train and rode it. The trains were awesome, nice seats and private rooms with shades. The ticket dude RIPPED open our shades and screams at us, then he sees that OUR FEET WERE UP ON THE SEAT OF THE TRAIN and he GROWLED at us! I could tell he was thinking "DUMB AMERICANS" such a meany!!!

We get to Dresy and well I decide to hit up the embassy anyways in case maybe some slim chance the lady is super nice to me and wants to make my life easier....that didnt quite happen and here I am visa-less.

What a day. Back in the apartment just bought a cheap ass bottle of rum and are planning our trip to Amsterdam with a night stop in Brussels. That'll fix any rough day.

Oh yeah, fuck the Euro. The Czech Crown is the best piece of money on the planet. I have taken out $75 dollars, which is 1500 crowns and somehow im still rolling in the dough. :)

PICTURES TO COME SOON!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, Molly this is an awesome blog. I'm sorry that you had to do some shit, but this is going to be a priceless story in a few months...Hope to see you soon. Best of luck

    ReplyDelete